Sunday, August 19, 2012

The poker Gods Hate me

Lost again this is my fourth Saturday of having no luck on my side. I feel like drinking with my buddies is bad for my luck, every time playing with them is somehow an automatic lose on my end. I feel that the shuffling of the cards have a cheat and it was programmed to make me to lose. I always have the highest chance of getting the low value cards in different suits or the big guns that will totally fail in the end. Somehow in some rounds I get a decent card just like when I got that  "Ace" and a "10", pretty decent a winning pair. So I strategically play out the round, precise timing, checking and raising the bet was the key to success. The flop was a "2","7", and a "Ace". I feel like I have it in the bag because I have two aces now, I have a very high probability to win. The turn and river were "8" and and a "Queen" respectively. I played aggressively after seeing  the river cause I feel the poker god had lift off my curse. However, I have realized I was wrong I still lost when it was time to show the cards, my opponent who is luckier than me flashed a pocket rocket or a pair of Aces for those who do not know. Well a high card pair is a nice card to have, but in it is no match for a Trips. After some folding and losing some cash I have gotten a card pair of "10" and a "King" both spades, a nice card, a really nice card. In the flop the cards were "Ace", "Jack", and "2". The "Ace" and "Jack" were a spades so I looked at my cards with disbelief and happiness. Is it about time that I enjoy a royal flush? The answer is no. Unfortunately the turn and the river was not kind enough to give me the "Queen of spades". I just needed a queen of spades god damn it! It was the one of those moments in your life that says don't expect to much.

No comments:

Post a Comment