Friday, August 17, 2012

The Elusive Royal Flush

For the last four years in my Texas Holdem poker gaming life I have only seen this ultimate trump card "THE ROYAL FLUSH" once. Sadly for me I did not hold the cards I was the victim of this unbeatable card combination. But why is the card so elusive? basically it is because it is so hard to get draw the 10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace that are in the same suit in a 52 card deck. Being able to have the Royal Flush on a same suit is considered to be the ultimate luck of a poker player that the poker gods are behind you all the way.

So how do you deal with the game if you have the  ROYAL FLUSH?

Based on the way my buddy destroyed us on the poker table, since you know you will not lose it is better to milk the competition. Bluff around the opponents make them feel that they have the upper hand. A proper time to call a check while putting some looks of hesitation in your face is the major key element. Slowing the game down as if you are making some decisions, or even making a gesture that you are about to fold is also a good way but you must not over do it cause some guys might smell the bluff. Sometimes telling them I have a royal flush may work as well it would be hard to believe that specially in a poker game where everyone lies.


No comments:

Post a Comment